How to Plan an Intimate Wedding at the Pitcher Inn
Beautiful accommodations, fine dining and unique area attractions in a quaint New England town. You can't go wrong when you book your stay at the Pitcher Inn. Lucky for you, planning your wedding is really quite simple here in Vermont. And The Pitcher Inn is a great venue for your Vermont wedding or elopement.
Get a Marriage License
First, you'll need to fill out a Marriage License Application and either email or bring it to the Town Clerk. Although you can get your license from any town office in the state, there is one just a block away from the Pitcher Inn, adding to its convenience. A Vermont Marriage license is $70 (as of 2023) and $10 for additional certified copies of your certificate.
Who Will Marry You?
The only requirement for a Vermont wedding is that you have an officiant. This can be a friend or family with a temporary license, a member of the church, or even your photographer. Vermont law does not require witnesses. But, if you are planning a religious ceremony, check to see if the religion’s tenets require witnesses.
Decide on a Ceremony Location
The Pitcher Inn has a beautiful courtyard overlooking a babbling brook that is just perfect for an intimate wedding ceremony. If your guests are up for a bit of adventure, you could also choose to have your ceremony somewhere a bit more remote. How about in the woods, by the river, or up on a mountain top?
Enjoy a Delicious Meal
The Pitcher Inn has two dining options. Their main dining room on the first floor, as well as their backcountry themed Tracks restaurant complete with a rustic bar and game room (I'll play you in shuffleboard!) that opens up to a lower level patio.
Explore the Area
I believe that every wedding day should include some sort of adventure or special moments for just the two of you. Often this comes during a first look or immediately after the ceremony when you have time to duck away from the crowd. And when you're in a place as beautiful as Vermont, I highly recommend taking advantage of the scenery and exploring somewhere new! My favorite spot near the Pitcher Inn is Warren Falls!
Sample Intimate Wedding at the Pitcher Inn
Take Emily and James' wedding for example. These high school sweethearts have always loved fairytales, magic and mystery. And so, wanted to have a fairytale wedding. They decided on a ceremony in the woods on a trail just 5 minutes walking distance from the Pitcher Inn. With a small gathering of friends and family, they shared their vows before strolling around town for a few photos. Their reception was hosted in Tracks restaurant within Pitcher Inn where they shared their first dance, ate a delicious 3-course meal and were served their favorite dessert - Forest Moss Cake.
Since they didn't get to have the big adventure they had originally dreamed of on their wedding day, we added a post-wedding sunset adventure session to get to some epic mountain views and celebrate their week in VT.
Does an intimate wedding in Vermont sound like fun? Not sure where to start? Head on over to the
Ultimate Guide on How to Elope in Vermont for all the details!
Why You Should Elope at the Pitcher Inn
At the Pitcher Inn serenity and luxury meet to bring you a wonderfully intimate experience. Planning an intimate wedding here is great for many reasons:
- The Charming Atmosphere: The Pitcher Inn is known for its cozy and charming atmosphere, making it an ideal backdrop for a romantic setting. The inn's rustic decor, beautiful surroundings, and quaint spaces create a unique and intimate ambiance.
- Privacy and Intimacy: Planning a small gathering allows you and your partner to focus more on each other without the pressure of a large guest list. The inn's smaller size and secluded setting provide a sense of privacy that can make your wedding truly personal and meaningful.
- Stunning Natural Beauty: Vermont's natural beauty is breathtaking, especially during different seasons. Whether you choose to marry in the midst of colorful fall foliage or amidst the tranquility of a winter snowfall, the picturesque landscapes surrounding The Pitcher Inn offer stunning photo opportunities.
- Memorable Dining Experience: The inn's renowned dining options provide you with an exquisite and intimate dining experience. Enjoy a romantic candlelit dinner with a specially crafted menu, creating lasting memories of your wedding day.
- Cozy Accommodation: The Pitcher Inn offers cozy and luxurious accommodations, allowing you to extend your celebration beyond the ceremony. Spend your first nights as a married couple in a charming suite, complete with all the comforts and amenities you desire.
The Pitcher Inn | Nearby Vermont Attractions
The Pitcher Inn is located in Warren, Vermont, a charming town nestled in the Mad River Valley and surrounded by picturesque landscapes offering a variety of activities to enjoy. Here are some things to do in Warren and its surrounding areas:
- Mad River Glen Ski Area: If you're visiting during the winter months, enjoy skiing or snowboarding at Mad River Glen. Known for its challenging terrain and natural snowfall, it's a favorite spot for winter sports enthusiasts.
- Sugarbush Resort: Another popular ski destination, Sugarbush Resort offers skiing, snowboarding, and other winter activities. In the warmer months, you can explore hiking trails and enjoy mountain biking.
- Hiking and Outdoor Activities: The Mad River Valley is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. Take advantage of the numerous hiking trails, such as the Mount Abraham or Camel's Hump, to experience stunning vistas and natural beauty.
- Warren Falls: A series of cascading waterfalls and pools make Warren Falls a popular spot for swimming, picnicking, and sunbathing during the summer.
- Art Galleries and Studios: Explore the local art scene by visiting galleries and studios in Warren and nearby towns. You'll find a diverse range of art, including paintings, pottery, and sculptures.
- Beer and Cider Tasting: Vermont is known for its craft beverages. Visit local breweries (Lawson's) and cideries to taste a wide range of locally brewed beers and ciders.
- Farmers' Markets: Depending on the season, you can explore farmers' markets in the area, such as the Waitsfield Farmers' Market, to discover fresh produce, artisanal foods, and handmade crafts.
- Warren Covered Bridge: This historic covered bridge is a picturesque landmark and a great spot for photos.
Whether you're seeking outdoor adventures, cultural experiences, or a relaxing getaway, Warren and the Mad River Valley offer a diverse array of activities for visitors to enjoy throughout the year. The Pitcher Inn is a great place to plan your intimate wedding.
Share this story
Adventure Elopements + Intimate Weddings
vermont, new england and the wild west